It is recommened that potential clients contact their insurance company to determine benefit specifications prior to receiving services.
Questions to ask of insurance company:
- Are mental health services covered?
- What is the deductible amount and has the deductible been met? (if the deductibe has not been met, clients will be required to pay for services out of pocket until the deductible has been satisfied).
- Do I have EAP (Employee Assistance Program) benefits?
- What is the amount of coverage per counseling session?
- What is the amount of sessions covered each year by the insurance company?